বুধবার, ১৬ মে, ২০১২

"Little Ones" and Make Some Placemats

Well I am about to embark on new territory folks. I am always thinking of new things and for some reason this just popped into my head this weekend when I got my new American Apparel catalog. Dogs. Dog vests. Is that the craziest idea ever? Putting my designs, or ones more geared for dogs on the vests or embellishing the vests with awesome fabrics. The order is in and they will be up this weekend in my shop. I assure you, you will not be disappointed and I am so excited to clothe the other little ones in people's lives. I am really not sure about the costs...I am thinking $25, but the detail will be greater than that of my onesies since they are for dogs and my neighbor has agreed to let me borrow Ruby for the fashion shoot. Now my only hope is that Ruby sits for a moment.

I just took an existing placemat and cut out a copy with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. I then cut out the pocket fabric which measures 5 1/2 inches x 9 1/2 inches. I found that if you fold the back side of the pocket like a present, it lays better on the fabric. You can do what you want with that and make it as small or as large as you want. Then just pin and sew the three corners to the top of your placemat. Pin right sides together and sew all around, leaving a gap so you can turn the placemats right-side out. Press and topstitch. Sew easy!

My son didn't like the pods fabric very much (what is wrong with him?!?! *giggle*giggle*) so I used the car fabric for him and this vintage piece for my oldest. The pockets are great because you can put anything in them, like your utensils or napkins that would normally blow away in the wind outside. And they are machine washable so watermelon stains, like those already on my sons, will come out in a jiffy. 
 
 
So enjoy and go make some placemats for fun! Also check out the entry below for your free onesie opportunity!
 

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন